- Develop and maintain comprehensive social media strategy across all platforms
- Demonstrate an extensive understanding of all social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Snapchat, YouTube, Pinterest, etc.
- Respond to questions on social media about subjects such as admissions, academic advisement, academic programs, financial aid, etc.
- Define key performance indicators and implement measurement, analytics, and reporting methods to gauge social media effectiveness
- Apply marketing research and development methods to develop an understanding of emerging trends in social media
- Work closely with JSOM communications team and web services teams
- Develop graphics using Adobe Photoshop and/or Illustrator
- Provide support to student organizations, departments, and academic areas
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree in Marketing, Communications or related discipline, plus 2 years of business experience in Social Media development, implementation, marketing, and management
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Blogging experience a plus
- Understanding of WordPress and other content management systems a plus
- Understanding of basic SEO and HTML preferred
About the Naveen Jindal School of Management at UT Dallas
The University of Texas at Dallas Naveen Jindal School of Management is the largest of UT Dallas’ seven schools, with a fall 2014 enrollment of more than 7,500, about half of whom are graduate students. The school provides outstanding tuition value, a wide variety of classes on campus and online, flexible scheduling and a convenient location easily accessed from U.S. Highway 75 (Central Expressway), the President George Bush Turnpike and Dallas North Tollway.
The Jindal School of Management keeps abreast of corporate and industry needs as an essential component in providing students with rigorous training and relevant skills for professional success. Programs are offered at the bachelor’s, master’s, PhD and Executive levels.
To Apply:To apply for this position, click here. Once you arrive on the page, click “Employment”, then “Job Openings”. You will be redirected to the UT Dallas Employment Opportunities page. Click “Search Postings”. Search for the position title“Social Media Specialist”. Click “View” to apply for the job.