SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION SPECIALIST SUMMARY
APMEX currently has an opportunity in the Oklahoma City area. The Search Engine Optimization Specialist will be responsible for helping generate SEO/Search Engine Optimization recommendations that increase web presence, drive traffic, build brands and encourage conversions. The SEO Specialist will need to have a thorough understanding of on-site search engine optimization practices and principles is a must, as is experience implementing recommendations and tracking results. They’ll be a key contributor to the Digital Marketing team’s mission to capitalize on the massive opportunity to grow natural search traffic. They will need to possess sharp analytical skills, a passion for customer experience, and the ability to help drive the delivery of enterprise-scale results.
- Exhibit mastery of on-site technical SEO including architecture, crawling, indexing and ranking signals
- Conduct comprehensive SEO audits and provide prioritized recommendations on findings
- Conduct keyword and competitive research for SEO strategy development
- Stay on top of industry changes, trends, Google updates and publish POV’s and internal communications regarding changes
- Identify technical SEO problems and proper tools for research and discover of these problems as well as implementation of solutions
- Work with content creators to incorporate SEO elements for on-page optimization
- Make site code, navigation, and content recommendations.
- Manage search engine optimization campaigns, including keyword research and on-page/back-end improvements.
- Coordinate the writing of original copy/re-write copy balancing SEO and marketing objectives.
- Track improvements using analytics programs. Publish monthly reports and communicate campaign results.
- Make ongoing recommendations including conversion optimization and content marketing ideas; pursue longer-term site improvements to completion.
- A high-level understanding of SEO, online marketing, conversion optimization and e-commerce best practices, as well as a drive to keep abreast of recent developments and emerging strategies.
- A demonstrated ability to make SEO improvements and translate those improvements into value.
- Ability to handle multiple projects, stakeholders and deadlines.
- A solid understanding of how SEO objectives balance with website usability and strategic marketing objectives.
- Understanding of the business implications of SEO decisions and how they can improve profitability.
- Strong interpersonal, customer relations and written/verbal communication skills.
- Flexibility: the ability to think both creatively and analytically.
- The ability to learn fast, be proactive and to contribute enthusiastically.
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field required
- Minimum 1 year experience with SEO/internet marketing;
- A portfolio of relevant work or case studies (anonymized to protect client data is fine; we want to know what you did, what you measured and how well it worked).
- Demonstrated data analysis and critical thinking ability.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Be internet savvy.
- Experience with link analysis, clickstream analysis, web analytics, and A/B testing
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize information, prioritize efforts, and achieve results with a strong sense of urgency
- Understanding of HTML, CSS and code structure as it relates to SEO.
- Familiarity with SEO tools: Moz Open Site Explorer, Majestic SEO, Ahrefs, or SEM Rush
- Web Analytics (Google Analytics), Webmaster Tools
- Keyword Research
- Link Building
- Digital Asset Optimization
- WordPress or other content management systems experience
Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
Certificates & Licenses:
- Certified in Google AdWords, a plus
- Certified in Google Analytics, a pluS
Since our founding in 1999, APMEX has grown to become a leading global retailer of Gold, Silver and other Precious Metal products, an important resource for investors and collectors worldwide. This success would not have been possible without talented and skilled employees who work tirelessly to meet the growing needs of our customers. We pride ourselves on delivering great selection, unparalleled service, and lightning fast speed of delivery with a selection of products and low prices second to none.