DIGITAL MARKETING MANAGER POSITION SUMMARY
The Digital Media Manager at APMEX is responsible for management of the paid digital media program, including paid search, shopping engines, display and retargeting. This position will also: participate in marketing strategy planning; provide subject matter expertise to the company; and drive results related to all digital paid media initiatives in accordance with the Annual Operating Plan.
NOTE: THIS JOB IS LOCATED IN OKLAHOMA CITY.
- Plan and execute the monthly, quarterly, and yearly digital media plans in accordance with the Annual Operating Plan, and in conjunction with the VP of Marketing.
- Manage the digital media budget with accountability for results (cost per acquisition, cost per lead, and ROAS).
- Maximize lead generation (by web and phone) at a positive ROI by planning digital media strategy that translates the company business and marketing goals to the digital media space
- Self-manage (set up, traffic, and optimize audience-targeted campaigns) via Ad Tech platforms and manage agency relationships on a day to day basis.
- Provide clear direction on all facets of the digital media program, maximizing results against KPIs and making the most of the expertise of agency partners. These may include:
- Keyword strategy
- Copy, for PPC platforms – Google AdWords, Bing, Yahoo, 2nd tier search engines and Facebook Advertising
- Testing and innovation opportunities in general
- Utilize analysis of digital media data to maximize results, in accordance with the AOP, KPIs, and other key metrics in partnership with Analytics.
- Monitor competitive digital media activity (e.g. display and search strategies, offers, etc) and adjust plan as appropriate.
- Oversee external agency resources for digital media planning.
- Participate in business unit strategic planning and update team on competitive and industry trends in the digital media space.
- Understand the role and relationship between organizational functions (Merchandising, Product Management, Sales, Customer Services, Analytics, and Creative Services).
- Take advantage of other acquisition marketing activities to maximize digital media results.
- KPIs for this position include but are not limited to:
- Total number of visitors
- Number of registrations
- Number of 1st purchases
- Number of sales leads (as measured by inbound, non-service call volumes)
- BA/BS in Marketing
- Good understanding of Digital Marketing (SEM/SEO/Facebook Advertising/Display/Retargeting)
- BA/BS in Engineering
- or similar work experience.
- Minimum 5 years experience managing high-scale SEM and digital media programs in the e-commerce space
- clear quantifiable results either client side or agency side.
STRONGLY PREFFERED, BUT NOT REQUIRED:
- In depth knowledge of 3rd party Ad Servers (DFA, Atlas, Mediamind), Demand Side Platforms (AppNexus, DBM, TURN, MediaMath), Rich Media vendors (Pointroll, Rising Star), and social buying platforms (Facebook Exchange FBX).
- Familiarity with APIs, particularly RESTful.
- Experience with mobile and video.
- Internet Savvy: Makes good use of web tools and on-line industry resources, can implement and manage web projects, has on-line marketing knowledge, aware of industry trends.
- Organizational Savvy: Operates within the organization’s formal and informal structures, builds allies and relationships across departments, uses allies to build consensus and create results, is appropriately diplomatic, understands others’ roles and perspectives, can sell projects and ideas across the organization.
- Results Focus: Targets and achieves results, sets challenging goals, prioritizes tasks, overcomes obstacles, accepts accountability, sets team standards and responsibilities, provides leadership/motivation.
- Negotiation Skills: Conducts positive negotiations, ability to compromise, handles conflict, seeks common ground, articulates own and others goals, stays focused on positive outcome.
- Technical Skills: Understands specialty equipment, keeps knowledge up-to-date, is a technical resource for others, follows technology practices and standards.
To apply, contact Matt Bailey, APMEX HR Recruiter
matt dot bailey at apmex dot com