He says no but, in true Rand fashion, tells us who to watch
Someone popped the question on Quora “Is Rand Fishkin the best SEO Expert?” Rand is a favorite at DFWSEM having keynoted our annual State of Search Conference on two different occasions. He quickly responded to the question in typical Rand fashion.
No. I’m a very visible person in the SEO field, but I think on any given aspect of SEO (e.g. link building or keyword research or crawl optimization or Google News SEO or image search optimization or any number of others) there’s someone with deeper experience, greater knowledge, and more insightful tactical recommendations.
My strengths come from a long history in the field, a propensity to share publicly, and a remarkably awesome network of people—friends, colleagues, and connections—that I can lean on to seem smarter and more talented than I really am (or than I am by myself).
He then went on to suggest 29 other experts in various disciplines of search marketing for you to follow.
- Emily Grossman from Mobile Moxie
- Rob Bucci from STAT — spoke at State of Search 2016
- Samantha Noble from Koozai
- Dr. Pete from Moz — scheduled to keynote State of Search 2017
- Marie Haynes from Marie Haynes Consulting
- Mike King from iPullRank — spoken at DFWSEM & State of Search
- Cindy Krum from Mobile Moxie
- Jenny Halasz from JLH Marketing — speaking at DFWSEM January 11, 2017
- George Frietag from Moz
- Lisa Meyers from Verve Search
- Ross Hudgens from Siege Media
- Marta Turek from ROI DNA
- Shahzad Abbas from Define Media
- Dan Petrovic from Dejan SEO
- Britney Muller from Moz
- Paul Haahr from Google
- Wil Reynolds from SEER — keynoted State of Search 2014 and 2016
- Christy Correll from Honey Tree Media
- Russ Jones from Moz
- Dana DiTomaso from Kickpoint — has spoken at State of Search
- Dan Shure from EvolvingSEO
- AJ Kohn from Blind Five Year Old — spoke at State of Search 2015
- Cyrus Shepard from Fazillion
- Jon Henshaw from Raven — spoke at State of Search 2016
- Sheena Schleicher from Schleicher Marketing
- Gianluca Fiorelli from ILoveSEO
- Will Critchlow from Distilled
- Barbara Starr
- Eric Enge from Stone Temple Consulting — spoke at State of Search 2014, 2015 and 2016
Rand then went on to say:
There are dozens if not hundreds more folks who should be on this list, but hopefully this gives you a sense for the vast range of SEO expertise that’s out there in our community. We’re all lucky to get to stand on each others’ shoulders and to have such a kind, transparent, sharing ecosystem in the SEO field.
When you start making a list like this it is inevitable someone will be missed, but we think all the speakers coming to DFWSEM this year are pretty epic so we want to nominate them for your consideration as well:
- Dave Snyder of CopyPress
- Rebecca Gill of Web Savvy Marketing
- Pearl Higgins of Outspoken Media
- Ruth Burr Reedy of UpBuild
- Tyler Hakes of Optimist
- Mike Esordi of The Marketing Center
If you’re in the Dallas area you definitely want to come hear them speak.
We know there are likely others you would have included on this list so feel free to add them in the comments below.
Want to be sure you’re always hearing from the best of the best? Go ahead and get yourself a ticket to State Of Search 2017. We’ve already confirmed Duane Forrester, Bill Hunt and Dr Pete Meyers to Keynote, and there will be many more of the world’s best SEO experts walking the State of Search stage with them in October. You could be here to see them all.