Search and social are becoming one unified discipline, with real-time content being one of its main connective elements. However, most marketers silo their search and social practices, and are missing the full opportunities they could be achieving. The solution is to harness the two through organizational change, merging of disciplines and technologies to help capture the full opportunity for content marketing strategy. This talk will cover the following points:
– How are companies redefining themselves as publishers, and what is the new definition of publishing?
– How has the digital landscape changed, and why is an interdependent search and social content strategy now imperative for businesses?
– What are specific tips/tricks companies can do to harness the power of search and social with content?
– Why is search a strategic component of real-time content marketing, and not a tactical one?
– What are the new characteristics of interdependent search and social strategy, and does an enterprise begin to approach them?
– Why will some companies who ignore real-time content marketing eventually die off, while other new businesses emerge and dominate?
– What is the “real-time user experience”?
Rob will also cover the new world of social linking, and talk a little bit about his new book, “Search and Social: The Definitive Guide to Real-Time Content Marketing.”
Don’t get left behind with old tactics. Listen to one of the leaders in content marketing talk about scalable and sustainable content strategies. This is not a presentation to be missed.
About Rob Garner
As vice president, strategy, Rob oversees digital marketing strategies for iCrossing clients throughout the U.S. and Europe. Recognized as an industry leader, Rob has had an exhaustive list of speaking engagements since 2004, including ad:tech, SXSW, SMX, Search Insider Summit, SES, Search Engine Watch LIVE, DFW SEM Association, Rackspace Customer Event, Association of National Advertisers, WebmasterWorld/Pubcon, the VeriSign Executive Conference and NYU’s graduate school.
Rob is regularly quoted as an expert on digital marketing in major media outlets, including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones, Reuters, Adweek, Ad Age, Direct Marketing News, Smart Business Magazine, Search Engine Land, Search Engine Watch, Clickz, CNNMoney and The Dallas Morning News.
He writes a bi-monthly column for MediaPost Publications that provides insight into digital marketing management and best practices. Rob is also a co-founder of the Dallas/Fort Worth Search Engine Marketing Association, serving as its president from 2006-2008. He is currently Vice President of the 2010-2012 SEMPO board of directors and is a former board member of the DFW Interactive Marketing Association.
NOTE: This Meeting will be held in the “Antlers Room” near the front of the hotel, rather than the conference center where have recently been meeting.