Speaker: Mike Young, Kenton Hutcherson
6:00 PM - Registration
6:30 PM - Presentation
8:00 PM - Networking
The April 20th Meeting features two leading Internet Law Specialists, Kenton Hutcherson and Mike Young, who will cover key issues that you need to know about:
- How to keep out of trouble with the claims, endorsements, and testimonials on your website.
- Using your competitor’s brands, product names, and trademarks as keywords in PPC advertising.
- How to use website legal documents to protect your reputation and limit your liability.
- Key terms to include in your freelance agreements to protect yourself.
- Aggressive reputation management tactics that don’t involve litigation.
- Internet Defamation and Reputation Management – what to do when you or your clients have been targeted.
- Copyright Infringement – Strategies for protecting and profiting from your copyrighted content.
- Black and Gray Hat SEO – what could land you in jail or on the other side of a lawsuit.
Internet Lawyer Mike Young helps entrepreneurs grow lawsuit-free Internet businesses. He focuses on preventing conflict at every stage of an online business by having the right protections in place. This means helping clients achieve their business goals without getting sued or investigated by the government. Attorney Young is Chairman of the Internet Ethics Council and author of the book “Internet Laws: How to Protect Your Business Website Without a Lawyer.”
Internet Lawyer Kenton Hutcherson is the founder of Hutcherson Law in Dallas, Texas. At Hutcherson Law, he works with small and medium sized businesses across the nation, helping them with Internet law issues such as internet defamation, copyright infringement, trademark infringement, affiliate marketing disputes, domain name disputes, and email marketing disputes. Mr. Hutcherson earned his undergraduate degree from the University of Texas and his law degree from The University of Chicago Law School. Kenton Hutcherson writes a column on Internet legal issues for Search Engine Land.