The Director of ROI Marketing & Web Optimization at Ace Cash Express will be responsible for leading the customer acquisition, web optimization and online testing programs for ACE’s e-commerce business. As an integral member of the e-commerce leadership team, this position will partner across various groups to lead initiatives focused on customer acquisition, conversion funnel optimization, marketing mix planning and channel economics. A very heavy emphasis on ROI marketing and ROAS is expected.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct and oversee all aspects of online customer acquisition activities across paid search, display, affiliate, social and emerging online marketing channels
- Develop and implement the web optimization and testing strategy for the online business unit; identify key consumer behavior trends and preferences utilizing an extensive suite of web analytics tools including Clicktale, Google Analytics, Adobe Site Catalyst and Adobe Target
- Develop and execute hypotheses-driven test plans (A/B, multivariate, ad copy, landing page, creative) to support the new customer acquisitions goals and learning agenda of the business
- Lead, develop and mentor a core team of in-house PPC and online marketing analysts as well as affiliate and display channel managers.
- Ownership of a multi-million dollar online marketing budget. Develop recommendations on marginal spending decisions based on LTV economics and potential of each channel.
- Lead all Search Engine Marketing (PPC) initiatives utilizing a combination of quantitative & qualitative skills. Develop and execute bidding strategies balancing ROAS requirements with market share gains.
- Routinely perform competitive assessments and reshape strategy and supporting tactics as market trends evolve.
- Manage all aspects of the growing affiliate, display and media buy programs. Identify key partnership opportunities, negotiate deal structures and implement test programs
- Execute complex, in-depth analysis using a combination of internal proprietary data, third party sources and web analytics tools to optimize customer acquisition and conversion funnel across multiple products and channels
- Develop monthly business reviews for executive management presentations; participate in annual budget development process. Translate analytical findings into persuasive business cases and gain organizational consensus on resource allocation; demonstrate ROI of proposed projects
- Partner with key stakeholders across the organization in brand marketing, operations, technology, risk, product development and data services to implement key projects that improve customer experience and optimize the conversion funnel.
Qualification and Requirements
Bachelors’ degree in a quantitative field (economics, mathematics, finance, statistics, engineering, business) required. Master’s degree preferred. 5+ years’ experience in quantitative and qualitative marketing analysis in a high growth environment, preferably in consumer financial services. Experience managing multi-million dollar marketing budgets in a high-growth vertical. In-house experience is highly preferred although prior agency experience will be considered.
Knowledge & Skills:
Expert knowledge of Google Adwords, Microsoft AdCenter and Google Analytics is a pre-requisite. Working knowledge of Content Management Systems, Web Analytics tools and Tag Management Systems required. Excellent planning, organization and problem solving abilities are a must. Proven track record of developing persuasive and compelling business cases and executive level presentations. Demonstrated ability to lead teams and work successfully with all levels of the company. Must be creative, collaborative and able to work well with ambiguity. Strong verbal and oral communications skills are required.