We Are Looking for a Few Good People
It’s the time of year when we elect the leadership team for the 2015 season of the DFW Search Engine Marketing Association, and we are looking for few good people to join us.
Monday, December 15, 2014
14681 Midway Road
Addison, TX 75001
In addition to helping plan our monthly DFWSEM meetings and State of Search conference it takes a lot of hands on deck to manage membership, take meeting notes, pay bills and reconcile bank accounts, create content, setup before and after meetings, schedule speakers, and the list could go on and on. So we aren’t looking for just a pretty face, we are looking for someone who is willing to do some work.
The benefits of volunteering your time and effort with DFWSEM include the opportunity to meet a lot of great people in the industry who could be a great resource to you in the future. When you have a problem you’re trying to solve or looking to make the next move in your career, it’s great to know a few key people on a first name basis. It’s also a great item to add to your resume and LinkedIn profile.
- You or your company must be a paid-up member of DFWSEM.
- Only one person from a company can be on the board.
- Attending board meetings is required. Board meetings are generally held the first Tuesday of the month from 11:30-1:00 at Freeman Leonard (I-635 and Dallas North Tollway).
- You must be willing to take on some responsibility outside of the board meeting.
The first round of voting decides who will be on the board and all members in good standing are eligible to vote. Once that is determined the new board members will vote on who will be the officers.
These are the available officer positions that will be selected once the board is voted in and the people who currently hold the positions.
- Chairman – Dan Sturdivant
- Vice-Chairman – Sean Jackson
- President – Brian Medina
- Secretary – Beth Kahlich
- Treasurer – Scott Vann
- Membership – Christine Laczai
- State of Search – Greg Gifford
- Sponsorships – Eric McGehearty
- Website – Matt Decuir
Other ad-hoc positions may be created at the meeting. Everyone not elected to a specific position will be an at-large board member.
DFWSEM May 2014 Photo i003 by Grant Wickes is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.